Monday, October 12, 2009

Sugar Cookies


{I did the same idea as the other cookies with the webs, I just used Halloween colored M & M's .. I think they are cuter that way!}
Ingredients:

1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup shortening
2 cups flour
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

Mix margarine and shortening together, add 1/2 of the flour and everyting else. Mix well, add remaining flour. Cover and refridgerate for 1 hour.

This is what it looks like when rolling out the dough

Roll out and cut with shapes

bake 375 for 7-8 minutes

Frosting:

2 cups powder sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp milk

blend well, add more powder sugar if necessary. Use food coloring to add extra fun!

Recipe is from Staci Lyman's kitchen (David's sister)

3 comments:

  1. YUM!!! And I've been inspired to pick up some pumpkin from the grocery store...those pumpkin bars look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't keep up with you!
    By the way, our paper said they'll be shortage of canned pumpkin this year--so stock up now. I paid an arm and a leg for my four cans, but the smaller cans were horribly expensive! I just got enough for a few pies and loaves of bread--didn't want to hoard, but wanted to cover our needs. It may also be one of those things that never really happens at all (the shortages).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sampled the sugar cookies myself today! Thanks Barb they were wonderful! Jordynn and I agreed that they were some of the best sugar cookies we've ever had!

    ReplyDelete