Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Honey Lime Enchiladas

David and I have had an on-going enchilada battle. His way to me is too spicy, my way to him is too creamy, needless to say when we make enchiladas we make 1/2 the pan his way, 1/2 my way. (good compromising huh!) Well no more compromising needed! This recipe was tangy enough for David without a lot of heat which is perfect for me and the kids. Try it, you'll like it!



Honey Lime Enchiladas



1.5 lbs pork or chicken, cooked and shredded

Sauce:
1/3 c honey
1/4 c lime juice
1 Tb chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder


2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce

equal parts mixed together of:
mozzarella cheese, shredded
cheddar cheese, shredded
flour tortillas


Mix together sauce ingredients then add to shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.


Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. (I usually use one 9x13 and one 9x9 but it may vary with how thick you stuff your enchiladas) Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish.


Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top - don't be stingy! (I sometimes use more like 1 1/2 cans- you can freeze left over enchilada sauce in a baggy.) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of oven. Let it broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy. It is now time to WOW your family!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks REALLY yummy - Bryan and I are the same way - only I like them spicy!

    ReplyDelete