Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crab Curry

Yes, your eyes are seeing straight that is sushi on my plate. I tried it and that will be the end of that. YUCK. But in all fairness I did buy it from Sam's club and it did appear to be at least a day old, so maybe I will go another round... another time.

The curry was yummy, it had a little kick, but very tasty!


Ingredients:

1/4 cup margarine
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or mashed
1 Tbsp Curry powder
1/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
dash of cayenne
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream

Melt margarine in heavy saucepan, add onion saute until translucent add garlic, curry cook 1 minute. Add flour, cornstarch, sugar salt and cayenne. Stir over low heat add broth and cream

Serve over rice

My Mom used to make this when I was growing up... that is where the recipe is from.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. Never eat Big Box Store sushi. It's nasty. When you come here next time I'll take you to Canyon Crest and we'll get your some sushi that has tempura shrimp in it (no raw fish) and I think you'll like that.

    I was thinking about making this dish this week! How funny! (But I think you forgot to tell them to add the krab stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with "Letterpress" - never buy sushi from a store. Sushi must be eaten fresh, in the restaurant - it's not even good as a leftover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHy's this called crab curry if it doesnt have crab in it

    ReplyDelete