Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Homemade Waffles

These are a family favorite in our house. My kids usually eat 2nds and 3rds! When I cook waffles we usually eat it with fresh fruit and sometimes sausage. I forgot to take a picture of my plate, and they were gone before I remembered. I love breakfast for dinner!



Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Mix above ingredients into a large bowl. In separate bowl mix together:

2 egg yolks (save the egg whites, you will need them)
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
6 Tbsp melted butter

add to dry ingredients, and mix together

With electric mixer whip egg whites until stiff. fold into batter.

Heat Waffle iron to high and grease both sides.

YUM!

Recipe is from my Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I love these waffles. We should have had them last night, when I wasn't "cooking." Instead we had breakfast burritos (minus the sausage). They were pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete