Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken

I feed the missionaries last night, so I doubled this recipe and made sticky rice, needless to say they went back for seconds. This recipe is so fast and easy!


{The potstickers and spring rolls I bought in the frozen section of the Grocery store, not homemade, but yummy!}

1 1/2 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 medium onion. chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 large can chunk pineapple, reserve juice
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped

Add to pineapple Juice:

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
2 T. cornstarch
2 1/2 T soy sauce

Heat pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp oil and saute chicken. Add pineapple juice mixture and stir until thickened. Add pineapple, onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice

Recipe from Leisa Plocher's kitchen (thanks!)

4 comments:

  1. That does sound easy - my family loves sweet and sour chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. Won tons would be really good with this too - I will have to post that recipe someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your FB post about cooking pot stickers... so yummy.

    BTW- I LOVE your header and the mint brownies look divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried this tonight and I LOVED it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete