Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shortbread cookies

I grew up with my Mom making these yummies. I actually like them MUCH MORE now then I did back then.


Ingredients:


1 pound (4 sticks) butter

1 cup sugar

4 cups flour

2 tsp salt (2 1/2 tsp if using unsalted butter)


Cream 1 pound butter with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Stir or sift together 4 cups flour and salt. Blend into butter mixture just until combined, don't overmix.


Press dough into rimmed cookie sheet, moistening fingers with cold water if you find it too sticky. Bake for 30 minutes, and immediately after pulling from oven, shake a hearty amount of granulated sugar over the entire surface. Cut into squares or whatever you would like.


WARNING: This makes a WHOLE cookie sheet full, so there will be plenty around the house (i.e breakfast, lunch and dinner)




This recipe is from my Mom's Kitchen and she I believe got it from a newspaper clip when living in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment