Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not so average Stroganoff


I have made this recipe for YEARS, and I got it from my Mom, and I am sure she made it for years...so, I thought it was time to "overhaul" the stroganoff recipe by adding a kick.


Here's the recipe for plan old dumb stroganoff.


2 lbs ground beef

S & p

Cornstarch and water (I use flour and water to thicken)

1 can beef broth

Crimini mushrooms

1 tbs sour cream


1 lb of your favorite pasta


Brown the beef adding salt and pepper to taste. Drain the fat, and add beef broth. Bring to rapid boil then add the thickner (cornstarch and water). Combine until beef mixture is thick. Remove from heat and let sit while cooking the noodles. Just boil the noodles in salted water. Once ready to eat add sour cream to meat mixture.


Now here is what I did....


I made the meat mixture just the same... but I topped it with this delicious dill/horseradish sauce. Here is that recipe


2 Tbs Mayonaise

2 Tbs sour cream

1 tsp horseradish

1 tsp dried dill


mix well.


I added it to the top, then topped both with chives. VERY YUMMY, also plated with baby spring salad and baguette bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment