Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lemon Bars

Lemon bars are a FAVORITE in this house. We usually just stick to the tried and true recipe, but I think in the future I might branch out a little bit, so if you have a good recipe you wouldn't mind sharing, let me know. Otherwise.. enjoy! P.S. David makes these in our house... he's such a great cook!


(do you like how my witch is keeping an eye out on these little yummies! That's right... I have a guard witch on my lemon bars!)
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
½ cup butter or margarine
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Heat oven to 350F. Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting. Blend flour, butter and confectioners’ sugar thoroughly. Press evenly in square pan 8x8x2. Bake 20 min. Beat rest of ingredients together. Pour over crust and bake 20-25 min more. Do not overbake. (The filling puffs during baking then flattens when cooled) make 16 squares (nah.. more like 4 HUGE squares in our family ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment