Monday, November 23, 2009

Enchilada Casserole

I usually just make enchilada like this, but because of my new diet, I left the chicken chunks EXTRA big, and just used 4 tortillas to layer (because I can't eat those) and it worked out. I just picked out the chicken and my family loved the rest.


Ingredients:

1 can cream of chicken (I used the heart healthy kind, if there is such a thing)
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 can diced green chilies
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts boiled and cubed
shredded Monterrey jack cheese
flour tortillas

mix the cream of chicken, diced chilies, enchilada sauce and chicken in bowl. spray glass 9 x9 pan with cooking spray. layer 1 flour tortilla, chicken/sauce mixture and cheese. Then repeat, you can only get two maybe three layers so don' be stingy with the chicken/sauce layer. I just baked it until it was warmed through. about 25 minutes. I served it with LOTS of broccoli, yum!

My recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment