Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Salad

Ever since I was a little girl my Mom made this recipe for either Thanksgiving or Christmas, both if I was lucky :) I know, the picture isn't that appetizing, but BELIEVE me, it's yummy!


Ingredients:

6 oz package cherry jello
6 oz package raspberry jello
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple
1 pint sour cream
1 bag frozen raspberries

Dissolve cherry jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Add cranberry sauce and crushed pineapple, pour into 13 x 9 inch pan (for thicker salad use 9x9) chill in fridge until firm. Once firm spread with sour cream (make sure it's even) then, dissolve Raspberry jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water, stir in raspberries until thawed, spoon over sour cream, chill until firm, then ready to serve.

Recipe is from my Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment