Monday, December 28, 2009

White Bean Chicken Chili

A year ago (I can't believe it's already been a year) I had my third child and at the ripe age of 30 and because of it, I contracted a heart disease called Peripartum Cardiomyopahty. It completely changed my life, I couldn't do ANYTHING, and for the first 3 months our ward (Church) brought us in dinner every other night. It was a HUGE Blessing and this was one of the dinners we got. Miss amazing, @CyndyMickelson gave me her recipe for this chicken chili. YUM. Stick it in a crock pot for the day and forget about it.



Ingredients:
3 cans Great Northern White Beans
3 chicken breast (1/2's) cook-season with below spices and cut up into small cubes
1 T. olive oil
1 Med Onion chopped
4 t. garlic
2-4oz can chopped green chilies
1 can chicken broth
3 c. grated jack cheese
2 t. cumin
1 1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. gr. cloves
1/4 t cayenne pepper
S & P

Directions:
Cook chicken cut into small cubes and season. Saute onion, garlic in oil, add chilies and saute for 2 min. Add beans, chicken broth, onion mixture & chicken to large pot or crock pot. Simmer for 2 hours. Then add cheese and let it melt. Season with S&P. Garnish with sour cream and salsa and fresh snipped cilantro.
Yummy on a "cold" day.

Number Of Servings:Probably 6-8

Recipe from Cyndy Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment