Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Biscuits disguised as cinnamon rolls :)

My kids were requesting cinnamon rolls this past Sunday morning, and since I didn't have any yeast, this seemed like a good option, and I remember my Mom making them the same way when I was younger... YUM!


Ingredients:

2 cups white flour
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
2 tsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 stick margarine
2/3 cup milk

Mix flour, cream of tarter, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter, incorporate the stick of margarine until pebbly. gradually add 2/3 cup milk, knead 5 times on floured surface. Shape into biscuits. Bake at 425F for 7-8 minutes.

Sometimes I add fresh herbs for a yummier taste.

To make these into cinnamon rolls:

roll out dough into a large rectangle. Using a pastry brush, brush on melted butter. Then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 7-8 minutes. When they come out of the oven drizzle with a glaze made out of powdered sugar and milk.

Recipe for biscuits is from Lucinda Meyers Milton

No comments:

Post a Comment