Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moo Shu Pork

Did you know that I love Chinese food? I was ordering Moo Shu Pork before I can even remember. We used to live in a little town in the bay area called Pleasanton, CA. I remember ordering it at a yummy Chinese restaurant not to far from our home. So when I found this recipe I thought I would give it a try, I was so sure my husband would cringe and probably give it a 3 out of our 1-10 scale (1 means NEVER AGAIN, and 10 means make it tomorrow) He gave it a 9, YES a 9! I almost wanted to slather my portion in sour cream, but I was pretty sure that was not on my diet. It was easy, way easy and yummy!




Ingredients:

1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp minced fresh ginger (I used my microplane)
5 boneless pork loin chops (4 oz each), cut into thin strips
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup hoisin sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
3 cups coleslaw mix with carrots
8 flour tortillas, warmed

In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, sour sauce and ginger until blended; set aside. In a large skillet, saute pork and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.

Stir in cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hoisin sauce. Add coleslaw mix; stir to coat. Spoon about 1/;2 cup pork mixture into the center of each tortilla.

I garnished with Cilantro, green onion, bean sprouts and lettuce.

Recipe from Taste of home magazine

1 comment:

  1. I love Moo Shoo Pork! I haven't had it in a long time. Just need pork and wrappers and I'd have everything1 Hmmm...Maybe a weekend dinner!

    ReplyDelete