Sunday, January 17, 2010

Creamy enchiladas

I LOVE creamy 'ladas. I do. Love them. My husband doesn't so usually I give in and make them his way... but lucky for me I didn't have enchalada sauce so we had to do them the way I like **no I didn't plan that, it just worked out in my favor** So here are they yummiest 'ladas EVER! I also like these puppies rolled up in flour tortillas instead of the casserole style. You can also make this ahead and freeze it. Yum. Yum. Yum. In fact just talking about them makes me want to go have another serving :)



{This picture really does not do this justice, sorry. I am a cook, NOT a photographer :)}


Ingredients:

1 large onion, chopped
3 Tbsp butter
1 13oz can evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 4oz can chopped green chilies
3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
12 corn tortillas (sometimes I use flour)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Saute onion in butter. Add evaporated milk and chicken soup. Stir until smooth. Add chilies and chicken, stir all together.

Grease 9x13 pan. Line with 6 tortillas, pour half of chicken mixture over them and sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.

Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Makes LOTS!

Recipe from Stephanie Gubbler. Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment