Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beef brisket with homemade bbq sauce

I am not sure if brisket is technically a St. Paddy's food, but I remember eating it growing up on that day. The brisket was delicious, moist and tender. I really surprised myself. I thought it was going to be dry and tough. Towards the end of the 10 hours the liquid was starting to burn, so I had to add a little extra water. I served the brisket with some green mashed potatoes and asparagus. YUM!


(yes I took this picture, not bad eh?)

Ingredients:

3/4 cup water
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp instant beed bouillon granules
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 2 1/2 pound fresh brisket or other beef roast
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter or margarine

for cooking liquid, in a bowl combine water, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, bouillon, mustard, chili powder, cayeene pepper and garlic. Reserve 1/2 cup; cover and chill. Trim fat from meat. Place meat in slow cooker. Pour remaining liquid over meat.

Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours. WATCH it towards the end to make sure the liquid doesn't burn out. FOR SAUCE: pour reserved liquid in a small suacepan with ketchup, brown sugar and butter. Heat through, serve with meat.

Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment