Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ebleskivers

Growing up my Mother used to make 'breakfast' for dinner. I loved those nights! Waffles or Ebleskivers, didn't matter, they both were delicious. Now that I am grown up (or try to be) I love making my kids 'breakfast for dinner'. They loved these little round pancake balls. You need a certain pan to cook them, I got mine from my Mother, who got it from William-Sonoma.



2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar

3 eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk

Sift dry ingredients, beat egg yokes and then add buttermilk. Mix with dry ingredients. Beat egg whites until stiff and fluffy, fold into mixture.

Heat pan until hot, fill middle circle with water. add 1/2 tsp of crisco in every compartment, cook over medium heat rotating batter so all sides cook evenly. Top with butter and syrup or fruits and powdered sugar.

Recipe from my Mom (David's sister Staci also uses the same recipe)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Glad you have good memories of breakfast for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete