Monday, August 9, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake

I used to make this all the time. I love it, it's my favorite cake by far, but when we moved up to almost 8,000 feet (elevation) I could not make it work, so the first order of business (after unpacking the boxes) was to make this cake. Glad I did, ate almost the WHOLE pan! It's just the right sweet and moist and I really cannot say enough good things about this cake :)



Texas Sheet Cake

Grease pan: 15 1/2 by 10 1/2" by 1"/

Sift into bowl: 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons soda, 2 cups sugar.
Bring to boil: 2 stick butter/marg. and 4 Tablespoons cocoa and 1 cup water.
Pout over dry ingredients and stir. Add: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup buttermilk.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

After cake comes out of oven, bring to boil:
1 stick butter and 4 Tablespoons cocoa.
Mix in 6 Tablespoons buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts.
Combine and pour on slightly-cooled cake, spreading to cover evenly.

Recipe from my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment